Friday, February 26, 2010

Indefinitely Late

What part does timing play in the schemes of the universe? The universe can put one person in someone's life and that one person stays for five minutes. In that Five minutes someone would converse with this one person, watch them live, and then immediately watch them die. Someone else could have known that one person for a lifetime but never saw them die, only knew how they lived. Which person knew them better? Which person mourned their death longer? The universe could also give someone a lover. The lover was persistent in loving that someone, but someone was afraid of commitment with the lover. It took one accident to take the lover away and left someone wondering what that timing had to do with the lover's appearance in their life.

My blog today starts off dark. But isn't that what timing can be sometimes? I found out yesterday that the father of a dear high school friend died of a heart attack. I do not know their story but I can't help think what this time means for my friend? Although I did not know the man very well, I can recall some vivid memories with him. He was a young strong man to have a heart attack, they said he had an enlarged heart. He looked similar to a very charming Ichabod Crane and had a infectious goofy wit. I remember his joy and ability to engage in conversation even with a shy and goofy 12 year old, like me. His timing in my life was a small moment but one that inspired goals to become a similar persona. I knew that one day I wanted to be as charming as this man when I became a parent. As his sons have grown, they carry his stature and charming looks with his engaging joy and goofy wit. I hope that one day, maybe years from now, that the memories are not of his death that happened during the horrible timing of their struggling twenties. I hope one day that the sharp pain is gone and the cherished memories are allowed to flood back in.

The part of timing in the universe is not always dark, so forgive me for being a little morbid this day. I wanted to pay my respects to My friend and his father. I will leave you with a story of Indefinitely late.

While Traveling in Northern India, I was waiting for my train from Jaipur to New Delhi. That morning a bomb threat was called in and I was apparently unaware of this. From 6:30am to 11am I waited in this train station, watching the screen give an hour delay on every delay. I met a wonderful young girl and her mother and during 3 hrs of waiting we exchange jewelry and addresses.( Note: her address was to go to the third dirt road, past the sheep pasture, and to house 2 on the right!! The American post man still thinks I am crazy.) During this time I found out that my train was no longer delayed but Indefinitely late! Whatever that means. So, I decided to hop on a 12 hour bus ride back south. When I got to the bus I realized I was the only woman in a bus full of men. I lucked out with a charming man who sat next to me. He told me of his daughters and how scared he would be if they were traveling alone. We talked about the things to not trust in India and things that were wonderful about his country. When we got off the bus he helped me find a Rickshaw and to my hotel. I knew then, as I am still very thankful now, that all three of these people were a blessing in disguise. Here timing brought me closer to the people of India. Also, comfort that the universe will do its best to take care of me when I am in sticky situations, or when I think timing's part is just darn horrible.

We can view timing's part in the universe as good and/or bad. I think timing's part is a lesson. Sometimes it may feel bad but the lesson always teaches us something that is worth living for.

Love and light
And may timing sometimes be indefinitely late!

No comments:

Post a Comment